2018 IMUG/MACCS Workshop
IMUG: June 11-12 2018
MACCS Workshop: June 13-15 2018
The next MACCS Workshop and IMUG meeting will take place in June of 2018, in the Washington, DC area.
Please register for the MACCS Workshop or the IMUG Meeting if you plan to attend. Additional information is provided in the link below.
** PLEASE NOTE **
The MACCS Workshop and IMUG meeting is open to registered MACCS User Group members and CSARP members. When registering, please
recognize that the MELCOR User's Workshop runs in parallel with the MACCS Workshop and IMUG Meeting.
Please designate on the registration form whether you will be attending the MACCS or MELCOR activities (not both).
IMUG/MACCS Program Annoucement
Sandia National Laboratory instructors present a five-day training course on the different methodologies for addressing accident consequence (Level-3) analysis accepted by regulatory bodies and available in the nuclear power plant industry, complemented with hands-on exercises in the quantification techniques for Level-3 using WinMACCS. The training specifically covers the following topics:
- Discussions of the international PRA practices relevant to external releases
- Presentation of the characteristics of consequence analysis
- Discussions of the relationship between consequence and risk
- Development of the interface between Level II and Level III analysis
- Discussions of the modeling of atmospheric transport and dispersion
- Introduction to dosimetry and health effects modeling
- Modeling of emergency response
- Modeling of economic consequences
- Discussions of uncertainties in probabilistic risk assessment and consequence analysis
- Discussions of NUREG-1150 and the State-Of-the-Art Reactor Consequence Analysis (SOARCA),
- Interpretation of the results and applicability to the regulatory framework
- Discussions of some applications of consequence modeling